Saturday, February 28, 2015

Sushi With Ma Girls

D2 is back in the house, and it's been delightful. Wifey and I have been so blessed with our girls -- awesome people, good life paths, and good choices about the men they choose as boyfriends. This last was always one I feared , as I know so many good women who have chosen toxic men, and had lives that fell by the wayside because of them. But, as a cherry on the top of parental ice cream sundaes, we really LIKE our Ds, and the time we spend together. The Ds find Wifey hilarious, often because Wifey has no clue she's so funny. The other day, Wifey was lounging around on a week day, not dressed at 11, when the strange rescue dog started barking, to alert us that Pete the plant guy was outside. Pete represents, to me, how spoiled we are -- we have a guy who waters and takes care of our plants, a leftover luxury from the salad (ha) days of our law firm. Anyway, Wifey was annoyed she had to get up and dressed, protesting loudly "And on my ONE day off, too!" The Ds found this tale hilarious, as I did... So D1 left her job at Jackson a bit early, and came over with her spoiled Spaniel. The Ds then went out on quality sister time -- running errands together, and meeting some friends at the local ice cream place, Whip N Dip. I stayed home and did some legal work -- chatted with an expert on a case, and reviewed two law suits about to be filed on a new major accident case we have. Wifey fetched some sushi at the tiny place we love, and we all gathered in the tiny breakfast "knock," as my mother in law pronounces it, and happily ate and chatted. It was marvelous to all be together on D2's Spring Break. Afterwards, D1 drove back to Brickell, leaving the Spaniel behind. D1 is volunteering for the Humane Society today at a dog event. D2 is sleeping in, and Wifey and I are going to LOL for breakfast. When I used to watch hockey as a kid, I remember when my beloved Islanders would commit a penalty, and the player would have to leave for some minutes. Afterwards, when the penalty ended, he'd skate back onto the ice, and the announcer would say "And the Islanders are back at full strength." And so it is here, at home, when both Ds are here. I savor sushi with ma girls...

No comments: