Sunday, February 15, 2015

Chilly Weekend

We finally got the first real cold front of the year, and it's great -- low 60s in the sun, and high 40s at night. Wifey and I spent Valentine's Day visiting her parents at MJH -- we fetched D1 and her Spaniel, and took my father in law outside, to the site of the former gazebo my Mom loved so. I used my notary skills for my now semi annual F U to the Nazis -- proving that my in laws are still alive, and forcing yet another set of reparation payments. The Germans are so sharp -- the annual check in is now semi annual -- as the old Survivors die off, they want to make sure they don't make unnecesary payments. We left the Hmoe, dropped off D1 at a hair salon on Brickell, and then parked so Wifey could walk across the street to get some pizza -- from Stanzione. The place is awesome -- a 24 year old former hedge fund whiz opened it, with a $600k pizza overn imported from Italy. The pizza is the best in the state, in my opinion, and Wifey and I ate it in the car rather than wait until we made it home. It was too cold for the fire pit, so we canned it and went to sleep early. Tonight, Norman and Deb are fetching us, and we're dropping off D1 at a wedding. IT's adorable -- we're bringing her to the temple and getting her later -- just like we did for countless Bar and Bat Mitzvot. But now it's so she can toss back a few without driving... Anyway, Norman made reservations at a place on South Beach -- we'll celebrate the Day of Lovers a day early -- and probably at normal restaurant prices. It truly is the best time of the year here, and the chill is a welcome change.

No comments: