Monday, December 23, 2013

Car Talk

I thought I was done with car purchases for awhile...my man sized Buick lease has another year, and the little girlie Lexus had 30 more months, but then... Wifey's bad back keeps rearing its head, and she claims that sitting low in the little hybrid hurts. Plus, she visited her friend Edna in Atlanta, and after driving in Edna's Lexus SUV proclaimed her back much better, so, it was off to the dealer... We drove to North Miami Lexus, which is the largest dealership in the US. The place sits on a good 20 acres, and has a gym, spa, restaurants, etc...It's really something to see. The local Lexus dealership is crowded and hard to park at -- plus, my trainer friend Susan raved about an internet salesguy named Jorge at North Miami... After sitting for awhile, the news came back better than I thought: breaking the girlie Lexus lease 30 months early wouldn't cost THAT much...so Wifey picked out her SUV and we did some paperwork. I drove Wifey to the nursing home to visit her father while they prepped the new vehicle -- 20 minutes south on Biscayne Blvd. I then drove back in time to watch the Dolphins ruin their season by getting steamrolled by a crappy Bills team -- I was glad I didn't waste the whole afternoon watching them. I gave in the keys to the little girlie Lexus, and drove off with a normal sized SUV -- a 350. Wifey picked black exterior and black interior. And the truth is, the thing drives like a magic carpet. Lexus truly does it right -- zero road noise, and the suv handles beautifully. I fetched Wifey, and we drove home -- with her combination birthday and anniversary gifts gliding over the highway... As I told D2, it's an object lesson: you have to make the spouse happy -- no matter the cost. If Wifey ain't happy, ain't no one in the house happy. And in her new Lexus -- she's happy...

No comments: