Sunday, October 20, 2013

Has it Come to This?

So I spent yesterday in class, learning to become a Guardian Ad Litem. On Tuesday I have my court observation, and then Florida will set me loose, to advotact on behalf of a child in Dependency Court. I called Wifey on the way home, and asked her on a Saturday night date. "Wherever you want," she said, as I pulled tha man sized Buick out of the 'hood. I started driving to Sea Siam, our regular Thai place, and she said "Are we going to Sea Siam???" No way -- I shall NOT be that transparent of a man. So I showed her I'm still capable of wild surprises: we went to Thai Toni --the OTHER Thai place. Sure enough -- the food wasn't as good, and the place nearly empty. But now I was feeling like a true wild man -- out on a Saturday night with his babe. I wanted to be home by 8 to watch the Noles game, but it was only 7. "Ready for another adventure?" I asked Wifey. She was. So I drove north -- all the way to 104th Street, to visit the new Super Target that opened. Wifey loves Target. We parked, and walked inside. The place, amazingly, looked like, well, a Target store -- only maybe a little bigger. We bought some bleach, and Nutella for Wifey, and some Benadryl, which helps me sleep. We laughed, and talked about the Ds when they were toddlers -- how D1 NEVER walked alone in a parking lot, but D2 would... So this was our Saturday night. Should I just go ahead and kill myself now? Is this what life holds for suburban empty nesters? Nah -- it was ok. And the Noles won big -- the better to fatten them up before the Canes go up to Tally to play them. Next weekend Wifey's heade to Gville -- to visit D2. D2 invited Wifey on the condition that her mother "not be annoying." So maybe I'll go to the early Canes game, come home, nap, and then head out after midnight to South Beach == and a table at Liv. My posse and I can buy some $1000 bottles of Hennessey, and make it rain... Nah -- I'll probably just watch more football. But NO Target next Saturday night...

No comments: