Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Feeling It Again

So after a few years in the career doldrums, waiting for some new opportunity to fall out of the sky and into my lap, I've realized my best play is to return to the law business. It's what I know well, and enjoy -- at least some parts of it. This am I had breakfast with an old client -- a fellow who has been kind enough to refer other folks to the firm. He told me he had held off sending folks our way -- he was only confident in Paul and my abilities -- no one else's. It's funny -- when one recommits to something, at least in my case -- the energy level rises. I worked out at the gym, and came away feeling great. This afternoon some other clients from Central America are coming to visit --and I look forward to the meeting. It's nice to have a mojo back. I still want to run a charitable foundation someday. I think that job would suit me best -- vetting various charities, and meeting with their leaders, and making decisions about who gets what funding. If serious money comes in from this new incarnation of my firm -- maybe that's what I'll do. I sure don't want a nicer house, or better cars. I enjoy driving my little girlie Lexus, and passing gas stations with a the proud smirk of a hybrid owner on my face. Travel is nice, but I've visited everywhere I wanted to go. Now there will be repeat trips -- maybe to Spain to visit D2 if she studies there this summer, followed by a stop in the English Midlands for a big summer blow out hosted by our friends Dave and Sandra. I've seen all the historic buildings, churches, and synagogues I've wanted. I don't need any more t shirts, or tchokes from abroad. The Ds, thankfully, are doing great in their lives, and Wifey seems to have her back in hand. So I might as well work some more...Justice is still to be done, and fees are still to be earned...

No comments: