Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Lazy Rainy Summer

Summer began two days ago, and no one here even noticed. We've been into summer pattern weather for over a month now, and yesterday had recoed heat --nearly 100 degrees. People think of Miami as having brutally hot summers and we do, but because of the humidity. The temperature rarely climbs past the low 90s. Yesterday was an exception.

Fortunately, our thunderstorms came today and cooled things down a bit. We all welcome the relief --it's a comparatively chilly low 80s today.

I'm in the office, killing time. The best news is that D2 is with me --as my summer receptionist. My office roommate had to let our shared receptionist go. He hasn't gotten a new case for quite awhile, and is seriously cutting back on his overhead. He'll have to find a replacement in the Fall, but for now D2 is doing a FINE job getting the calls where they need to go.

I walk by her and see her all dressed up and looking far more mature than her 17.5 years. The staff loves her. She's so charming and funny, and earning some bucks!

D1 got a B in Chemistry, and is enjoying a few days of vacation before her 2nd summer session begins. She'll also go back to her internship, where she gets to wear hospital greens. She's a real adult, too. Ah, sunrise, sunset...

Wifey and I are heading to Naples Saturday for my partner 's son's wedding. Another rite of passage. I met Alex when he was 11; he's now 30, and marrying a terrific young lady. I look quite forward to a few days of great food, frozen rum runners, and sharing in this delightful event.

In the good old summertime...

No comments: