Saturday, August 23, 2008

You Go Girls

So D1 flew back to Gainesville last night, and will start her junior year of college Monday. D2 started HER high school junior year last Wednesday.

I'm so proud of them.

They both put so much into their studies, and are properly proud of their accomplishments. They have their challenges, physical and emotional, and deal with all that comes their way.

I used to think some people had it easier than others, and were less deserving of praise when they soared. I now realize that's ridiculous. We each battle our own demons, and challenges, and those who do this successfully are the winners in life.

I told D1 that my junior year in college was the time I began to find myself intellectually. I had spent 2 1/2 years pursuing a career I wasn't meant to have, and as I turned 20 I realized I was just going to pursue my true interest --and switched to an English major.

D1 seems to have a pretty well defined goal now, and met with a Masters Program Advisor while she was home, and is now excited about a graduate program.

D2 is taking 4 AP classes and studying HARD for the SAT, while balancing clubs and activities.

So, as this pivotal academic year has started, I wish them fun and learning, and the creation of memories...

No comments: