Friday, October 9, 2020

A Fine-Ass Friday

 So it was a quiet week here in Pinecrest. Thursday we went to D1's, and spent a lovely day with the grandson. Wifey and I napped, and played with the little man, and then, later in the day, watched his first swim lesson. He handled it like a young Mark Spitz -- took to the water beautifully.

Happily, Jonathan returned safely from Mexico, though Hurricane Delta caused a re-route for his return trip. Instead of a non stop flight, he had to stop in Dallas, and then made it safely back home.

Today, I walked a LOT -- talked with my Florida sister, and then Edna, Wifey's BFF. It was the latter's birthday, and we talked for an entire hour.

No nap today, but the day flew by. And then, at 7, I had a great Zoom with Eric, Dana, Barry and his boys, with cameo appearances by Scott's lady Sam, and the family matriarch, Donna.

While we drank and talked, Wifey was in the background cooking -- her typical Friday beef boulanaisse -- a great recipe from D1. I ate as I drank, and Barry and his family ate, too. It was lovely.

Close to 9, we said our goodbyes, and I put on "The Wild, The Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle" on Sonos. Wifey actually said "This is good -- who is this?"

I felt like Steve Guttenberg's character in "Diner," where he would only marry his fiancee if she passed a test about the Baltimore Colts. Wifey LOVES Springsteen -- how could she not know this record???? Dudes and chicks are just different, I guess.

I had told Wifey I was looking forward to this Zoom -- I last drank Monday. Wifey wants me to drink MORE often - she likes my mood after a few vodkas. It's funny -- so many spouses want their others to drink LESS. I guess Wifey knows I'm not an alcoholic...

While on the Zoom, young Josh, of a huge heart, suggested we include Edna, to say happy birthday. We got her on FaceTime, since she didn't download Zoom to her phone, and really made her night. She's 64. 

Of course, we all thought of the Beatles song from "Sgt.Peppers." It's funny -- when the Beatles recorded the song -- it seemed becoming 64 was so far in the future. Sure enough, Harrison and Lennon didn't make it that far -- Starr and McCartney did, and now approach 80. Amazing.

So -- tomorrow holds a pretty calm day. The Canes play #1 Clemson at night -- I look forward to not much up to the game.

Another Covid week. It was fine. I guess that's the best to hope for.

No comments: