Wednesday, March 7, 2018

The Non Trip

So Dr. Barry and I realized we had blown the strategy on seeing our Canes in the ACC Tourney, but figured we'd go anyway.  We were both to leave Tuesday am, MIA for me, and FLL for him and his wife Donna.  Not so fast...

AA texted me Monday night, telling me that the awful weather expected Wednesday in NYC allowed me to bow out with no penalty.  Barry called right after I got the text -- we agreed to bag the trip.

Barry's boy Josh helped with the particulars -- he knew an AA Elite number to call to deal with the cancellation -- it made a 30 minute wait into a 15 minute one.  Then I called the hotel, and even though I was within the cancellation period to pay one night, they understood.  Ain't nobody got time, it seems, for NYC in March.

And Josh is helping with the sale of the tickets -- he already sold one pair, and has me UPS ing the remaining ones in hopes of selling them, too.

I felt bad about not seeing D2 and her man, and sent a surprise to them to be delivered next week.  I think they'll enjoy it.  More importantly, the whole family is going to NYC in April -- hopefully during a more humane weather time.

It turns out the weather today is pretty nasty. We'd have been prisoners of hotels, only to emerge later for dinner.  It seemed fated to cancel the trip.  And the blue skies and cooler temps only added a punctuation mark to that.

So it'll be April in NYC.  May that be in the fates...

No comments: