Thursday, September 6, 2012

Hardly Working

So things are heating up at the office lately, and I'm ok with it. An old client referred a case last week, in which a little girl was struck by a vehicle in a gated community in South Dade. Tragically, the girl has been comatose for 2 weeks, and if she lives, will be permanently brain damaged. The lady who struck her has little insurance, so today I'm off with my roommate Brian to the premises, to see if we can't hold some other entity accountable. At the same time, 2 cops called. One was shot and survived an investigation of a drug house, and wants to sue the owner of the place where the ongoing criminal activity took place. He may, in fact, have a case. Brian and I will meet him after the site visit. And yet another officer, on a motorcycle, was hit by an idiot making an illegal u turn in front of him. He survived, too, but is out of work for the better part of a year. We have to see whether it pays to sue the driver who hurt him. So I'm keeping off the streets for now, Idle hands are the Devil's workshop, and all. We'll see... If only something better came along for me, I'd jump and change jobs. But my dream of being asked to become a Mr. Roarke at the opening of some fantasy island doesn't seem to be materializing. So I guess I get to keep on chasing ambulances, for now.

No comments: