Friday, May 20, 2011

All in the 305

So D2's death flight arrived at MIA, and I picked her up. She said the stewardess did not announce "Please be careful stepping over any corpses which may have died during the flight..." She didn't think that was funny. Hey --the dude was 73. As Chris Rock says, anyone who dies who is 70 and over dies of natural causes...

She loved Israel, as I thought she might. She wants to do her summer abroad at UF there. Hopefully things will quiet down by the time she wants to go...Ha. As if.

She called D1 and the two chatted happily. It's so great to have them both in my bailiwick, at least temporarily...

Years ago, we deposed the CEO of a local company, in a case where we blamed his company for starting a fire which maimed a toddler. Of course, the mother left a superheated appliance on a bed with the baby. Ah --American law is great! Anyway, during breaks in his testimony, I asked him about his kids. He had grown ones, and I asked where they live. His response "They're allowed as far north as West PAlm Beach --they must stay in my territory."

He said this so matter of factly, as if there WAS no choice. I get it now. I plan to be that type of CEO Dad... I already am.

So we have D2 here for a month, before she and I drive back to Gainesville, and I fly home. She's doing a summer research project, and tells me that summer school at UF is essentially adult sleepaway camp.

D1 is busy taking classes at FIU, and finds out soon if she got a job as a restaurant hostess, to earn money to support her addiction: shopping.

I'm a big happy Daddy in the USA...

No comments: