Monday, June 28, 2010

I will arise and go now...

It's too hot to ponder Yeats, but his great poem came into my head this am nonetheless. It's more Hemingway weather these days...

So yesterday Miss Molly arose, and limped outside and began her circle around the yard. I left her to read the paper, and checked about 30 minutes later. She had returned to the glass door, crawled into a gap between the concrete step and garden bed fence, and died. Her mouth was open and flies were already buzzing.

I removed her collar, and went upstairs. Wifey was in the shower. It's tough to communicate to Wifey sometimes --she peppers with questions --so I just showed her the empty collar. She got it. She came down and said goodbye to Molly, and I took her carcass and made private funeral arrangements.

When I returned, Wifey was in the D2's room, had awakened D1, and all 3 were crying. And that was it for Miss Molly. The bell tolled for her.

I actually have law work today --a deposition of a defendant. He's a UCF student who crashed into my client's car, causing her to break her arm. His insurer, Geico, is offering 1/2 what the case is worth, so we filed a lawsuit.

He'll either tell the truth, and admit to his youthful carelessness (he turned left into my client, who was stopped at a light) of he'll make my case better by being an jerk.

After the crash, he and his father went to my client's house, to apoligize, but also to aske that my client not make a claim, lest the young man's insurance rates climb. My poor client was just told she needed surgery, with metal screws and rods into her arm, because of this crash. She wasn't too receptive to the idea of just "letting this go away."

I've probably taken 200 of these depos. Yawn...

I really DO need to make my way to Innisfree...

No comments: