Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hot Town Summer in the City

Man is it hot here! Africa hot, like the Neil Simon character remarked in "Biloxi Blues."

I guess another of the joys of aging is being more affected by the weather. I never before minded Miami summers. In fact, the almost daily afternoon thunderstorms, with violent lightning and thunder, sort of appealed to me. And, I always admired the enormous cumulus clouds --sort of our mountains.

But the heat had been getting to me. And, once again showing I have less common sense than a dog, which at least knows to go into the shade, I'm going to the Bahamas Friday, where it's even hotter!

The next trip after that is NYC in July, where there's a good chance it'll be nearly as hot as Miami. But there's a difference with NY summer weather: it usually gets cooler at night. Not alsways, but usually. We'll see...

Last night D2 and I went out for a bike ride. It was actually tolerable, as a slight bay breeze was blowing through our neighborhood. Plus, I enjoy her company so much, I was able to ignore the heat.

We came home and jumped into the pool. When we came out, it was actually refreshing. I slept the best I have in weeks...

So, I guess I'll just keep inside the A/C for now, and quit whining.

I know it's hot, because Wifey's been complaining, too. She's usually too cold when it's 80 degrees, but she's noticed the heat more the last year or so. She's planning an August escape to Maine, though.

In the mean time --off to the office today. We have a client seeking justice (through money) and I just can't wait...

No comments: